Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
3D Printing - What's the Big Deal?
B4U FREAK - micah
Order of Operations
-Quit and relaunch the application
-Force quit (Hold option+command then press ESC)
-Log out/Log in
If you are unable to log out of your account:
-Quit or force quit all open programs
Preferential Treatment - sarah
System Preferences (under the apple)
At EMS you have access to the following:
(Starred items were covered in the training.)
- Change highlighting color, placement of scroll arrows (together or top and bottom of page) and scroll bar actions, fine tune recent items.
Desktop & Screen Saver
- Choose from Apple's preset options or place one of your own photos from iPhoto on your desktop. Feel free to customize your screen saver. If you are on a laptop, be aware that
(Includes hot corners) -
Keyboard & Mouse
on a laptop) - Set the buttons on your mouse as well as it's speed
- Check here when using a microphone, external speakers or a headset. Input and Output must be set to the correct item.
- You shouldn't need to change this.
- Set the computer to "tell" you things in addition to displaying them on the screen. You can also set the computer to respond to voice commands
- Assistance is available is these areas:
Seeing - Kids like to Zoom in and change the display using keyboard commands
Turn on Zoom Option+Command+8
Zoom in = Option+Command+=
Zoom out = Option+Command+-
Keyboard - Be aware of sticky keys being turned on
Note: For issues with any other items, call tech support.
Every Program has its own Preferences, under the application menu. You can fine tune most of them to your needs. Take a look! We'll look at a few:
First Class -
Change the font, size, color, etc. of your writing.
Create a signature.
These are the seven different areas with in Firefox preferences:
Main - includes setting your default homepage, downloads options and add-ons
Tabs - Adjust how your tabs work.
@ The Bar - mare
Atomic Learning Tutorials for OSX 10.4 (old software, but tutorial still relevant) :
Atomic Learing Tutorials for OSX 10.5 (current software)
Finders Keeper Losers Weepers - mare
Where did it go?
Labels & other cool tools
Browsers? We don't need no stinking browsers! Oh, wait... I guess we do! - sarah
Anatomy of a Browser
Command+Click on a link will open in a new tab
Command+T = new blank tab
Controlling your Search
Shinysearch.com - Personalize your search experience
Help Yourself - micah
Use the application specific help in the menu.
Atomic Learning - video tutorials for most applications
All passwords are:
desktops - sarah
screensavers - sarah
Zoom (ctrl + scroll wheel), Slow minimize (space + minimize), Negative (ctrl + opt + cmd + 8), Voice over on/off (cmd + F5)
Open (cmd + o), Close window (cmd + w), Quit (cmd + q), Delete (cmd + delete), Switch application (cmd + tab), Expose (F3, F5).
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"